Wednesday 8 October 2014

Creamier

How could I have waited so long to try out this place??!! Granted, it's not really in my neighbourhood, but it's near enough! And it's such a gem. I'm glad that I finally, finally, went there for some indulgent me-time. The only problem was that the waffle stack with three scoops of ice cream looked so good but....

Well of course I couldn't finish all that on my own. So I reined my greedy self in, and chose just ONE flavour. I tried a couple of flavours - earl grey lavender, sea salt gula melaka and butterscotch almond. I really liked the first two! Super unique, and absolutely delicious. I thought the sea salt gula melaka would be a tad too rich for me to finish on my own though, so I opted for the former. Which was the perfect choice to go with my waffles because it was the quintessential balance between a deep, well-infused flavour and a lightness that allowed me to finish the entire waffle+ice cream combo without feeling overly jerlat. The waffles themselves were one of the best I've tasted. Though they seemed to have lost some of the crispness, perhaps because I spent the longest time taking photos of my food :P Also liked how the scoop of ice cream was so generous!!! It was more than enough for my stack of waffles. I can't image three scoops! There wouldn't be enough waffle to go around :P 

I thought that the cafe would have lost its hype after all this time, but apparently not. Despite the fact that it's located in the heartlands, it was PACKED during lunchtime. Plus the fact that it's a really cosy space, there was a queue extending all the way out when I was leaving the place. Waffles for lunch? Apparently I'm not the only one with that idea ;)  

Creamier
Blk 128, Toa Payoh Lorong 1, #01-835
Tel.: +65 6250 1476
Tue-Thu, Sun 12pm-10pm
Fri-Sat 12pm-11pm
Closed on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment