Tuesday 15 February 2011

Nando's

I’ve heard of Nando’s for a long time now! It’s specialty is in Portuguese flame-grilled chicken with its interesting Peri-Peri sauce. The bugis outlet is one of the most established ones in Singapore, and it’s found in various countries like Malaysia! The singapore outlets are supposedly the most expensive, for some unknown reason -.- I always felt that bugis was slightly troublesome to go to though, so I was really glad when an outlet opened in Plaza Singapura not too long ago! :D

Went there for dinner with my foodie buddies (: (:

I really really wanted to try the awesome-sounding grilled pumpkin and sweet chili salad ($12.50 with chicken) but it was sold out ): how disappointing. It sounded sooooo delicious! ): instead, I ordered the grilled chicken breast burger ($9.90). it consisted of a large grilled chicken burger in a portuguese roll. The chicken breast was pretty good, succulent and tender (: and I chose the mild peri-peri sauce to go with it. slightly spicy, with a tangy flavor, it was good, except I wish they were more generous with the sauce! ): the amount was rather pathetic. No matter though, because there were extra bottles of sauce on the side! (:

I added the garlic peri-peri to my chicken which was really delicious! Basically it’s the peri-peri sauce plus the additional flavor of GARLIC xD whee! Other sauces available are the hot and extra-hot peri-peri sauces! Anyway, back to my burger. The chicken was good, but I felt the bread was really tough! It was super difficult to cut with the knife :/

The Peri-Peri platter ($43.60) consists of 1 full chicken and 4 sidelines (serves 4 people). Haha I didn’t try this so no comment.

And in the spur of the moment, I tried my friend’s extra-hot peri-peri sauce chicken…and it turns out it wasn’t that spicy -.- LOL!!!! Seriously!!  I think the garlic peri-peri seemed spicier! Or maybe it was cos I slathered on the garlic sauce while I only dared to take a miniscule bit of the extra-hot one. But it really didn’t seem that spicy (and this was the same reaction from my friend who finished the entire chicken with it). it seemed more sour, rather than spicy. But it was pretty good anyway! (:

i must say the service was pretty good cos even though i could not make any reservation, the staff managed to quickly put together a long table for my party of 20 people! (: efficient!

Nando's
Plaza Singapura Level 4
Tel.: +65 6338 6555 (no reservations)
Other outlets at Bugis & Tanglin

No comments:

Post a Comment