Sunday 9 November 2014

Sunday Folks


Ever since I tried Creamier, I've been dying to visit it's sister cafe in the Holland Village neighbourhood. A more spacious setting compared to the hole-in-wall premises of Creamier, Sunday Folks is a great place for dates, albeit the fact that it gets pretty crowded. The electronic queue management system is pretty darn awesome though. I got a shock when my name popped up when I typed in my phone number :O Apparently I'd used it before and so my number was recorded in the system. Cool stuff! Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long for a table for two. I guess we came at the right time too! It was like a madhouse after 8pm.

We were ushered to our seats and we pored over the menu, trying to decide on what flavour to get for our ice cream. Unfortunately, as the ice cream here is soft-serve, testing of flavours is not allowed. Which means you have to sorta take a chance. The sea salt gula melaka sounded really interesting and begged for our attention, and we just had to get it! And of course, a waffle was in order as well, because I remembered how fabulous it was from my previous experience at Creamier. Prices are much steeper here though, at $11.80 for a waffle+ice cream, and we added on a Nama Green Tea topping for $1.90. I was soooo tempted to get an extra scoop of ice cream, but since it was going to be served in a cup rather than on top of the waffle, I decided to forgo it.

Disappointingly, the ice cream flavour we chose turned out to be rather strange. One bite into it, and we looked hesitantly at each other with pursed lips trying to figure out what the other was thinking. Conclusion: it tasted weird. Which was really unfortunate, because I tasted this flavour at Creamier (the normal ice cream, not soft serve) and it was great! The waffle was as fab as I remembered, and the Nama Green Tea was yummy, though perhaps not really value-for-money. Not too sure whether I would want to give the rest of the soft serves a chance now, or simply stick to the regular ice cream.

Sunday Folks
44 Jalan Merah Saga,
Chip Bee Gardens #01-52
Tel.: +65 6479 9166
Tue-Fri 4pm-9.30pm
Sat & Sun 12pm-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment