Tuesday 5 October 2010

Ah Chew Desserts

Watched Wall Street until around 11.30pm, and evidently papa had an unsatisfied craving...he kept hinting that he wanted food xD Since Bugis Junction is so near to Liang Seah Street which THE place to go for dessert, we decided to drop by for some supper. See, i can never attempt to eat less -.- It simply doesn't work with my family. Argh/Yay? :P

When we went there, almost all the desserts were sold out already! >.< Initially i thought the hashima dessert was sold out, but luckily i discovered that it was not afterall! (: So i ordered Fresh Milk Steamed Egg with Hashima ($8.50) and i was so lucky! i think i snapped up the last bowl :D phew! Haha, i think hashima is probably one of the most adventurous things i've ever eaten. Honestly, i'm not really into eating all the weird kinds of meat and stuff, and hashima seems to fall under that category, but i love it! (: It's supposedly oviduct fat from frogs O.o sounds gross? I think so. but i love its jelly-like texture and its supposed benefits of nourishing skin such that you'll have a beautiful complexion x) haha, ANYTHING for the sake of my skin. lol. I realised that hashima is actually quite tasteless though! Because when i ate the top layer of my dessert which had all the hashima, i found it quite plain. but as i dug into my bowl and into the nice eggy-milky bottom, it was SUPERB. It was pretty filling (i was bursting at the end of my supper), but it was GOOD (:



Ginko Barley Soup ($2.70) and Hashima boiled in Red Date Soup ($8.50). I didn't try both because i was too happy enjoying my own dish xD

Ah Chew Desserts
1 Liang Seah Street
Tel.: +65 6339 8198
Tue-Fri: 12.30pm-11.30pm
Sat-Sun: 1.30pm-11.30pm
Closed on Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment